- West End Pediatrics accepts cash, check or credit card as forms of payment.
- You will receive a monthly statement if you have a balance due. Patient balances more than 30 days overdue are subject to an 18% annual interest charge.
- If we must refer your account to a collection agency or a law firm to collect an unpaid balance, you will have to pay the costs of collection as well as the unpaid balances in order to remain a patient in our practice.
- If your account is placed in collection for failure to pay an outstanding balance, we reserve the right to discontinue our services. If we take this action, we will send you a medical records release for your signature so that you may transfer care and records to a new physician.
- You are responsible for any bank charges associated with checks not honored by our bank.
- If there is an outstanding patient balance for more than 60 days, we cannot schedule well child care.
- West End Pediatrics reserves the right to charge a reasonable and customary fee for completion of forms and applications the preparation of medical records for transfer.
- Payment is due upon receipt of the document(s).
If you have scheduled your child for an appointment and need to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible by calling either office location. We understand that life (and children) can be unpredictable, however, our appointment slots do fill quickly and we want to provide all of our patients with the best access possible by knowing if appointment slots are available. If you do not give us at least 24 hours notice, you may be charged a cancellation fee of $75 for well visits and $25 for sick visits not cancelled at least 2 hours prior.
We know how frustrating it can be to have to wait for your doctor. We do our best to stay on schedule and to see patients in a timely fashion. When a patient shows up late for their scheduled appointment, their tardiness puts the doctor behind which can have a ripple effect and delay multiple patients from being seen in a timely fashion. Patients who register more than 15 minutes past their scheduled appointment may be asked to reschedule. If you are asked to reschedule you may be charged a $40 cancellation fee.
All forms (school, camp, etc) which require staff and/or physician time to complete are free at the time of visit. Forms may take up to 4-5 business days to be completed. We do our best to have forms finished in a timely fashion and you may request that your form be available for pick-up, be mailed and/or be faxed. We also try to have a copy of the completed form filed in your child’s chart in case the form is lost. (We reserve the right to charge for forms accordingly.)
MEDICAL RECORDS COPIES OR TRANSFERS:
You may request at any time a copy of your child’s medical records. The fee for your child’s medical records is ¢0.75 per page. The record will include your child’s medical problems/issues, dates of immunizations, a copy of their last well child appointment, copies of their growth charts, copies of any correspondence from specialists, copies of significant lab results and copies of important imaging study reports.
West End Pediatrics values your privacy. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your medical records. Please refer to our Notice of Privacy Policies (click to view) for details on how we protect your medical information and how we may share your information in order to provide you high quality medical care.