West End Pediatrics, P.C. welcomes your child as a new patient. Families who choose our practice can expect thorough and compassionate care from a highly capable staff of physicians and nurses. We look forward to a long lasting relationship with your family, built on collaboration, trust and an on-going commitment to excellence.
Our practice is dedicated to providing quality health care to children. We will work with you to provide information and education about each stage of your child's growth and development, required immunizations and other health care concerns. We follow the American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for well child physicals. We realize families of today have very busy schedules and offer weekend appointments for sick children.
West End Pediatrics, P.C. consists of board certified physicians, certified medical assistants, registered nurses, billing specialists, receptionists and administrators works each day to give your family what you want and need.
- Complete Care. It is our desire to create and maintain strong relationships with our patients. We believe the best care is given to a patient when there is an on-going relationship between physician and family. We will be your child's medical home. Each patient will have a primary care physician.
- Choose your doctor. We request that our patient families choose one pediatrician to be their main doctor. Well care and sick visits are booked with your primary physician. If your doctor is not available, you may schedule with another physician for a same day sick visit.
- Accessibility. We provide friendly service round the clock with immediate response times.
- Availability. Open 365 days a year, we offer weekend appointments in addition to our regular business hours.
- Quality. All physicians are Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics. We are committed to delivering the highest level of healthcare to you and your family.
- Convenience. With two convenient locations throughout the New York City area, we offer same day sick appointments, and in-office laboratory services.
- Prenatal/ Meet the Practice Visit. Complimentary prenatal/ get acquainted visits are available Monday through Friday. If you would like to schedule a prenatal visit with one of our physicians, please call 212-769-3070.
We accept new patients from newborn through age 17, and care for patients until age 21. Please choose one of our two locations to visit. Our doctors rotate between: • New York Presbyterian University Hospital (Cornell) and New York Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital . Our Practice Administrator, Allie Berdebes, M.P.A., is available to answer questions you may have about our practice, policies, and record transfers. Contact him at 212-769-3070.
Register as a New Patient
Before your first sick or well visit at West End Pediatrics, request that your child's medical records (especially vaccine/immunization records) be sent directly to our office prior to your first visit. The transfer of records may take several days to weeks, so please request these records at least three weeks prior to your visit. Your past pediatrician will supply you with the necessary HIPPA Authorization for Release of Records. Health records are also required before we can complete camp or school forms.
If you would like to register as a new patient call us at either of our office locations and schedule an appointment for your child during our regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Upper West Side
450 West End Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10024
2 Fifth Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10011
Our pediatricians dedicate their efforts to the health, safety and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults. One very important step in ensuring the health of any child is to make sure he or she receives immunizations at the correct time. Vaccines prevent serious diseases and have helped to lower the rates of these diseases in the U.S. By getting vaccinated, individual children receive protection from these diseases.
Vaccines also help to protect communities by slowing or stopping disease outbreaks. This is especially important for children, who cannot be vaccinated because they are too young, too sick, or do not respond to vaccines. There is much conflicting information in the news and on the Web about children's immunizations. When you have a question about immunizations or vaccines, check with your child’s doctor. Our Board Certified pediatricians will provide you with the tools you need to make the best decision for your child's health.
During each visit, we will provide you with a Vaccine Information Statement which discusses the vaccine, its benefits, and any possible side effects. Many of your questions about vaccines can be answered ahead of time by consulting the CDC Guide to Childhood Immunizations.